Since 2015, is right around the corner, many resolutions will be made and some will keep them all. In the midst of those resolutions, some will decide to change their spiritual life for the better and begin attending services on a more regular basis. Many people are seeking the perfect church (by worldly standards) to attend. I would challenge you to consider the points below in your search.
People want to find the perfect item to solve their problems. As people, we look for the newest and most improved item to conquer our issues. These new and improved items are the ones which glitter and shine in the midst of a sales campaign on television. Several years ago I drove past a church building which sign read, “This is the Perfect Church!” Regarding those thoughts, I have decided to share with you steps on finding the perfect church.
How to find the Perfect Church:
Step #1 – Leave Yourself Behind
- To find the perfect church, we must lay down our interests and pursuits and look to the One whose thoughts are greater than ours (Isaiah 55.8-9)
- To find the perfect church, look for the words of God not the words that you want to hear. (2 Timothy 3.16-17; 2 Timothy 4.1-5)
- To find the perfect church, find the worship of the Lord not the worship you might like. (John 4.24)
- To find the perfect church, find people to serve not a reason to be served. (Philippians 2.3-4)
- To find the perfect church, look for saved sinners not lying self-righteous. (1 Corinthians 6.15-20; 1 John 1.8-10)
- To find the perfect church, find not a building but a vision looking forward. (2 Corinthians 4.16-18; Colossians 3.2)
Step #2 – Repeat step #1 often.
Just my thoughts,