On Friday the Supreme Court handed down a decision which made same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states. When this decision was handed down, many questions came up regarding how the ruling would affect churches and Christians. For this lesson I discussed how a Christian should respond and when the battle started.
During the lesson, I mentioned a gathering of people in Chicago in 1972 formulated a Gay Agenda Platform which has been pushed since its inception. The resource is found here: http://afaofpa.org/archives/1972-gay-rights-platform/
Here is some other information not included in the PowerPoint but referencing the year 2003:
- On September 30th, many leaders of our nation will vote on the definition of marriage.
- Events and decisions in the United States:
- On June 10, 2003 three Canadian judges on the Canadian Supreme Court declared that the exclusive view of marriage, one man with one woman, to be unconstitutional.
- On June 26, 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Texas law prohibiting sodomy. (Lawrence v. Texas)
- The New York board of education, on July 28, 2003 announced the creation of a gay-oriented high school.
- Bride magazine devoted a full page article about same-sex marriages in the September-October issue.
The audio for the lesson will be available shortly.
Just a thought,