March 18, 2020 - Online Bible Study"The Church without a Building" - Dealing with Rapid Sweeping Changes for the Church
“The Church without a Building.”
Dealing with Rapid Sweeping Changes for the Church
- The Covid-19 virus is real
- The Covid-19 virus has real effects on real people, including our brothers and sisters
- The Covid-19 virus is a global issue effecting people, economies, travel, supply lines and Christians.
- Most, if not all of our congregations, have not dealt with a problem like this before. It is new territory.
- The choice to react or to respond is ours to make.
What to Remember:
- The church will not be beat by a virus.
- The church will survive because it is an everlasting kingdom. (Daniel 2.44)
- The church is strong. (Ephesians 4.11-16)
- This is the time for the church to shine! (Matthew 5.14-16)
Question #1 – Since we are not having services, what can we do?
- Remember, the early church survived without a building and we can too.
- Acts 2.46
- Acts 5.42
- 1 Corinthians 16.19
- Colossians 4.15
- Remember the early church suffered great problems
- Acts 8.1-4
- Acts 12.2
- You can still study.
- 2 Timothy 2.15
- Acts 17.11
- You can still pray.
- 1 Thessalonians 5.17
- James 5.13
Practical Ideas for Social Distancing
- Use this as a teachable moment
- Deuteronomy 6.1-8
- Even though we may suffer by not being together, this shows the bond of our spiritual family.
- Remember, social distancing is not isolation.
- Each one still has the ability to communicate with others.
- Each one can still be of service to others.
- Be an example that your faith is in God and not a building.
- God dwells in a temple not made with hands. (Acts 7.48)
- Christians are God’s temple. (1 Corinthians 3.16-17)
- Jesus’ words to the woman and the well (John 4.20-24)
- Spend time as a family
- Our houses can become so big, we become distant.
- Ephesians 6.1
- Use what we have been given
- Technology might be one of the greatest resources we have to educate ourselves, promote the message and strength our families.
- Let this be a time to use what we are given:
- The telephone
- Text messages
- Social Media
- The church will make it through this speed bump on the road of life.
- The world needs faithful Christians now more than ever before.
- This can be your moment to shine.